We’re all driving along the path of life. Sometimes, we have the right people in the rights seats, while at other times we’re on the struggle bus.
Today, I’m teaching you how I navigate my own struggle bus.
The truth is, I make mistakes every day. I’ve experienced a lot of wins and wows, but I’ve also experienced incredible struggles. Most of the time, it’s because I’m driving in the wrong direction.
If you’re at this same place, you need to get focused.
By reflecting every month and every year.
Each month, I ask questions in order to reflect back on it and look forward into the next month. They include:
- On a scale of 1-10, how do I feel about this past month?
- What goals and what passions did I pursue this last month?
- What was my most memorable day and why?
- What would I have done differently?
- What could I improve upon in the next month?
- What’s 1 thing I’ve accomplished in the last month that I’m proud of?
- What kind of things do I need to be looking forward to in the next month?
Similarly, each year I ask certain questions to reflect and look forward. They include:
- Did I move the needle forward at all in the past year?
- How am I different this year than last year and what changed in my world?
- What would I have done differently and what will I do differently going forward by creating an action plan for it?
- What do I look forward to achieving in this next year?
- What brings me peace?
These practices will be hugely valuable for the rest of your life. They are some of the most impactful things that have helped me in my businesses, in living life rich, in my personal development, and in my growth journey.
If you want to learn more about what to do when you’re stuck or overwhelmed on that struggle bus, check out Episode 039: Crucial Questions to Creating Wins and Wows When Evaluating and Reflecting.