Many of us complain about the younger generations but ask yourself if you’re doing anything to teach them about life.
We’re so busy with our lives–saving for retirement, college, vacations, cars, houses–that we forget to give those valuable lessons to our children.
In this episode of Live Life Rich, Marissa shares 12 valuable money skills we can pass on to our children before they graduate.
Marissa is passionate about pouring into the next generation and believes passing on these 12 skills will help you do the same.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Know how to interpret and complete taxes
- Budgeting skills
- Investing and growing money for the future
- Banking, why you should establish relationships with your bankers, and how to balance a checking account
- How to manage credit and debt and what leveraged debt is
- What it takes to buy a car and a home
- Leveraging an accounting background
- Protecting yourself from fraud and identity theft
- Understanding how to use mobile banking apps
- Planning and saving for college
- Choosing a career that provides the lifestyle you want
- Know your design and how you’re wired, and do a personality assessment like DISC
Follow and Review
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Today Matters by John C. Maxwell
Sometimes You Win–Sometimes You Learn by John C. Maxwell
Standard of Living Budget Worksheet: https://marissanehlsen.com/standard/
Bulletproof Your Business: https://marissanehlsen.com/bulletproofyourbusiness/
Get my “15 Ways to Create Cash in Your Business” download: https://15stepstofreedom.com
Join the Live Life Rich Community Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/liveliferich/
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.
Leave a Comment